I’m super pumped about this little project. I hope you share it with your team and get good use out of it for years to come.
There are a few struggles I’ve come across when trying to do brushing intervals; both dry land and on-ice:
- Finding an interval timer that lines up with the work:rest ratios I’m looking for
- Trying to visualize brushing and the demands of the different types of sweep down the ice
- Keeping the interval in an easy-to-find space
And I think I’ve addressed all 3 of these struggles with episodes 40, 41 and 42.
- These are my 3 go-to brushing intervals I use year-round
- I added in some in-game visualization opportunities
- You can save it to a playlist on your fave ap!
The best part? I’ve made them all FREE!
So please please please, use them, share them, and go kick some brushing butt!!!
Episode 40: Brushing Tabata Interval
Episode 41: Sweep to the Button
Episode 42: Brushing On Off Interval
How to make or purchase your own Dryland Brushing Pad –here.
Have a wicked day!
Stephanie Thompson is a former student-athlete at Western University and is a certified Kinesiologist who plays on the WCT Women's tour. This article, 3 Brushing Intervals for You & Your Team was originally published on on her blog, Empowered Performance, and is re-published here with permission.
No comments yet.