The Ontario Curling Council and its members, the Ontario Curling Association and the Northern Ontario Curling Association, share a mission statement: “To promote, develop, and grow curling as a recreational and competitive sport in Ontario.” We are excited to announce that, through generous support of the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport’s Ontario Sport Recreation Communities Fund (OSRCF), the Ontario Curling Council will focus on growing the sport through the province-wide implementation of an already successful Adult Learn to Curl Program. This special two-year project will focus on enhancing existing program and resources, training Membership Developers in curling clubs across the entire province, and helping clubs implement programming.
This comprehensive program is designed to attract new curlers, train them and retain them as long term members. People are more likely to keep playing the sport if it is fun, reasonably priced, and they master the technique quickly. Unlike traditional one-day clinics, this program helps entry level and novice curlers become progressively better through continued weekly instruction by trained instructors.
Enrollment in the OCC’s Adult Learn to Curl Program provides clubs not only with a comprehensive Adult Learn to Curl Program Guide but an extensive list of value added Tools and Resources to enable clubs to focus on and be successful at recruitment and membership.
Tools and Resources included in this program are:
- Adult Learn to Curl Program Guide
- Regional Training Session for 2 ALTC Membership Developers who will teach the ALTC program
- Informational Training Webinar for 1 club member dedicated to supporting membership growth through the ALTC Program
- Access to digital media / video / webinars in support of the Adult Learn to Curl Program
- Program support of:
- How to recruit new members
- How to recruit and retain volunteers
- How to maximize the “First Experience”
- How to leverage Social Media
- Adult and Youth Learn to Curl brochures
- Adult and Youth Learn to Curl flyers
- And so much more…
Interested in getting your club involved in this program – contact our Program Coordinator Byron Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org.